Buying a home is a big decision. Choosing the right neighborhood for your new home is a vital part of that decision. Myrtle Beach offers a range of unique neighborhoods with different benefits and amenities. How do you choose which one is the best fit for you and your family? When you are ready to buy a home in Myrtle Beach, here are five things to consider when choosing a neighborhood:
1. Schools - Families with children should consider the quality of the schools along with school programs like sports, clubs and after-school activities. Another factor is proximity to local colleges such as Coastal Carolina University and Horry-Georgetown Technical College - especially for homebuyers continuing their education or with high school students in the household.
2. Proximity to the beach - One of the benefits of living in or near Myrtle Beach is access to some of the most beautiful beaches on the east coast. If your family enjoys frequent trips to the beach, consider how close to the water you'd like your new home to be.
3. Traffic and noise - If a quieter neighborhood is a must have, consider the traffic patterns and noise levels that occur closer to main highways when choosing a neighborhood. For some homebuyers, easy access to one of the highways could be a bonus and traffic noise less of a concern.
4. Community amenities and parks - When choosing a neighborhood for your new home in Myrtle Beach, you'll want to consider the community amenities you'd like access to. Many desirable neighborhoods feature parks, playgrounds, walking trails, pools, libraries and community centers.
5. Hobbies - You'll also want to consider your hobbies when selecting a neighborhood for your new home. Golfers may find a home in one of the golf-focused neighborhoods a perfect fit. However, boaters may be happier in a neighborhood with access to the Intracoastal Waterway.
Choosing where to buy a home is an important decision. Using this list of five things to consider when choosing a neighborhood in Myrtle Beach can help you determine your priorities for the neighborhood that will be the best fit for you and your family.