First, we'd like to say CONGRATULATIONS CCU CLASS OF 2016! Graduating college is a major accomplishment, and next month can't come too soon for you. You may be a little overwhelmed with all of the opportunities before you. One you may not have considered is buying your first home in Myrtle Beach. There are quite a few benefits to buying your first home shortly after graduating college.
- The first benefit is financial security. Provided you stay within your means and budget, owning a home gives you more long-term security than renting. An added plus is that you will begin to build equity in your new home. It may not be much for the first couple of years but it will grow year after year.
- Buying your first home will give you access to additional tax credits that save you money - a critical consideration if you will have school loans to repay.
- If you have a family or are soon to be starting a family, owning a home often gives you more space to grow into. Combined with the first benefit on our list, it also gives you peace of mind that you will have a secure home for your family well into the future.
- A place you can make your own. When you own your own home, you don't need a landlord's permission to paint walls, change out faucets, tear down a wall, or any other home improvement you would like to make. You can customize your home to your style instead of the "dorm standard" you may have been living with while in college.
- Rent extra rooms to help cover the mortgage or even possibly make extra income. Once you own your own home, you can rent out extra rooms to generate income that helps you cover the mortgage. This is a great option to help you save money or make sure that student loan payment is covered.
Your college graduation is just one of many milestones you'll experience over the next few years. If buying your first home in Myrtle Beach is one of the milestones you'd like to line up next, the highest honors you can give us would be to choose one of our agents at Century 21 Broadhurst to help you find that first home.